Monday, May 23, 2022

Review: Book Lovers ~ Emily Henry

 

 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook/
Pages: 398
Running Time: 11h:23m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: May 3, 2022
 
 
 This was a buddy read for an online feature that my coworkers and I do. And although the decision to read this was unanimous, I was NERVOUS.

This book has been so hyped EVERYWHERE for so long, and usually when that happens it disappoints me in a big kind of way. Add in the fact that I've felt very MEH about Emily Henry's last two adult books...
 
But guys.
 
YOU GUYSSSSS. 

It was good.

So good.

So. So. SOOOO Good.

I haven't liked a contemporary novel like this in such a long time. 
 
So prepare yourselves because random spoilers abound.

I thought that it was interesting that both Nora and Charlie thought of themselves as the villain of the story who didn't get/deserve happy endings. And the only reason that was a thing is because of outside factors that they couldn't control that kept getting thrown at them.
 
I don't know what this means: "It would be a meet-cute if not for the fact that they’ve met many times and it’s never been cute" The only time they met that wasn't what I consider to be cute was the very very first time they ever met. Literally every single time they interacted after that was so freaking cute and I was smiling like an idiot the whole damn time. Their banter back and forth was *chefs kiss* and  I was so obsessed with it. 
 
 There was one plot twist that I didn't see coming. In fact,  believed that it was going in a complete opposite direction (because the author did a great job leading us to believe that it was going that way.

I A D O R E D  the relationship between Nora and Charlie. Besides the fact that their interactions were my favorite thing in the whole wide world. They were so good for each other. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Also, it gets BONUS points because there was no big miscommunication between the two that caused them to have this great big fight and break up and be miserable because of it, until they decide to make up.

They had a mutual break up. They were sad and the situation sucked, but you know what? They didn't try to guilt the other about the decisions that were being made. Charlie suggested that Nora be offered the job that he was vacating, and Nora didn't get all mad that he didn't tell her about it right away.

I'm sure there are a lot of other things that I am forgetting because my brain is on overload right now, but this book deserves all the stars and then some.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home