Wednesday, May 25, 2022

ARC Audiobook Review: The Bodyguard ~ Katherine Center

 
Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.



Format I Used: Audiobook ARC
Pages: 320
Running Time: 9h:40m
My Rating: 5 gazillion stars
Publication Date: July 19, 2022

 

Is this book on your radar at all? If not, it 100% SHOULD be.

I don't think I need to warn you, but just in case you're new to my reviews: I love spoilers and I love to ramble. So PLEAAASE read on with caution if you haven't read this book yet and plan on it.

You know what? I need to start carrying around a bag full of stars so I can just go around throwing them when I read a book that I like.

Because this book?

Deserved all the stars.

All. The. Stars.

This is, I think, the third book in a row that I've just absolutely adored, and it's a good feeling. But also, I'm going to cry the second a book doesn't make me feel this happy.

I love love loved this book.

I was so excited when I got notified that my audio ARC request had been approved. But at the same time I was nervous, because this book was so hyped in my head and online, and I was afraid it wouldn't live up to that and disappoint me. But my worries were unfounded, because it was AMAZING.

I was constantly updating on Goodreads and was kind of sad that I didn't have the ebook or physical book handy to put sticky notes and highlights in. I updated my reading on Goodreads every 1-10 percent, so I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy and add all my sticky notes and pencil underlines.

I adored the back and forth between Hannah and Jack. I was literally always smiling or laughing like an idiot. Jack's family was amazing, especially his parents!

I couldn't stand Robbie. Euch, blech. He was such a toxic person and I couldn't stand him. I didn't really like Glen either because it felt like he was just as toxic but in a different way?

The whole stalker aspect was interesting. There was so much left in the book after they got the stalker taken care of, I knew something else was going to happen. And it did. But not exactly the way I thought it was going to. I was convinced that the original stalker was going to show back up and that was going to throw things into a frenzy, but I was NOT expecting there to be a second stalker.

That whole situation felt a little anticlimactic, but I'm super glad it ended so well. I liked how they took a scary situation and were able to turn it around for EVERYONE. I think Hanna and I both had the light bulb moment at the same time when things were going down.

This book gets bonus points for the fact that there WAS NO MISCOMMUNICATION THAT HAPPENED. There wasn't a big fight because they were keeping secrets from each other/they assumed something bad about the other person. And I loved that so much.

This is also what I would consider a gentle read. So if you're looking for something that's super steamy, don't get your hopes up with this one. It's chick lit with a small side of romance. And it was so good.

I will be purchasing a physical copy of this book to add to my shelves (and so I can add sticky notes and whatnot to it) but I'll also probably buy a Kindle version of this book too!

There are so many thoughts in my head about this book still, but I think this is where I'll stop for now. Who knows, maybe I'll do a re-read and write a review for the second time reading it.

Thank you so so much to Macmillan Audio and Netgalley for allowing me to listen to an audio ARC. My whole year has been made.

Did It Make Me Cry? In fact, it did. Close to the end when Jack was telling him about the dream that he has about his brother but it was slightly different this time.

 


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home