Saturday, October 15, 2022

Review: The Holloway Girls ~ Susan Crispell

  
Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: E-book
Pages: 352
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: June 7, 2022
  
 
 

Woo hoo, I'm finally marking one of my many "Currently Reading" books as "Read" that feels good. And also like I'll probably just start three more instead of finishing another that I'm already reading...


ANYWAY.

Even though it took me forever to read this book, it wasn't because it was bad. In fact, when I was reading it, it kind of flew by. And I actually really enjoyed it. Tobin and Juliet were so charismatic and I loved them both so much. They're the kind of people who literally shine so bright they light up a room when they're around.

I thought the whole concept was super interesting and I really liked the way it was executed. Were there a few moments that I was annoyed? Yes. But it wasn't anything that was too over the top

Did It Make Me Cry? No 

Favorite Quotes and Highlights:

I paste on a smile for Tobin, pretending to be the girl he wants me to be. It backfires almost immediately. His smile ignites like a fuse. He could set the world on fire with a smile like that. And he’d willingly burn with it, I think, if he thought that would make me happy.

I meet Tobin’s gray-eyed stare and say, “Salted caramel doesn’t cover up the flavor of blood. For that you need red velvet. But thanks for letting me know you’re not the person to call when I need help hiding the bodies.”

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home