Friday, February 4, 2022

ARC Review: Hunting Fiends For The Ill-Equipped ~ Annette Marie

 

                                    Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

 

Format I Used: Digital ARC
Pages: 318
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: April 3, 2020

 

**This was posted as an ARC review over on Goodreads, so I'm sticking with ARC review as the title**

 

*DEEP BREATH IN*

Holy.

Moly.

Guacamole.

I think this is the best Demonized book yet, you guys. I  S W E A R.

I don't know how long it has been since I've read a book that I've just absolutely been in love with. I also don't know how Annette Marie manages to consistently write amazing books. The sizzle definitely ramps up in this book (F I N A L L Y) and I laughed, I cried, I got angry. I just. It was amazing.

The characters all have so much depth, and I love to be able to read this book and have it intertwine with The Guild Codex and characters from the new, not yet released series, but at the same time, you don't HAVE to read the others to understand what is going on.

Zylas is so precious. I will admit, even though I loved him from the start, I had my doubts about his intentions and was very suspicious of him, but after this book, I am looking at him in a whole new light.

Robin is growing and figuring things out oh so slowly. And sometimes it actually hurts me how timid she still is, but I like what is happening to her, and the friendships that she has found.

EZRA my smol bean. I love that we get to see more of him in this book, and how he's kind of making friends with Robin and Zylas and Amalia. I love it so much, I don't even have the words to describe it.

I'm so excited to see what is going to happen in the next book after all of the revelations that this book unearthed. And I'm also kind of scared because of what happened when... well, I won't spoil it for you.

Thank you SO much to Annette Marie and Dark Owl Fantasy Inc for allowing me to be on your ARC team!

Initial response when I finished this book in the middle of the night:

Oh my lord. This book. I think it's my fave so far. Better review when it's NOT 2:30 in the morning.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home