Monday, April 25, 2022

Review: Love From Scratch ~ Kaitlyn Hill

 

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 368
Running Time: 9h:59m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: April 5, 2022
  

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It's what I would consider upper YA, but also I wouldn't have a problem letting younger teens read it.

There was a lot of stuff going on in this book. Our MC deals with a lot of misogynistic men (well, okay mostly just one who was the main problem, but other smaller incidents throughout) making stupid comments, and cyber bullying, etc.

Reese put up with A LOT. And I wish she would have reached out to someone sooner (I say that, but I would have reacted the same way... and by reacted, I mean I would have held it all in and not said a peep about it.) I was so glad to see her friends come together towards the end and kind of make things work to their advantage.

Benny was literally the best ever. Was he perfect? No, of course not. But he tried SO hard to be understanding and supportive and do whatever Reese needed him to do. I really wish she would have given him a break and been nicer to him. Yes he snapped at her after she kept pushing him to it. But you know what he did? apologized to her about a zillion times. I also think that she was out of line when the big miscommunication blow up happened. Yes she'd been hurt in the past, but she made a snap judgement about Benny based on a snippet of the END of a conversation that she just happened to come upon. Why not ask Benny what was happening? Why not let him explain instead of just assuming the worst. I don't really have any kind of complaints about Benny's personality, and think that people could take a lesson or two from him

Anyway...

10 out of 10 give this one a try if you're looking for perfectly imperfect characters in a culinary setting (that reminded me of From The Test Kitchen)

Did It Make Me Cry? No

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home