Monday, March 18, 2024

Review: Lightlark ~ Alex Aster

 

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook
Pages: 416
Running Time: 12h:57m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: August 23, 2022

 

I actually quite enjoyed this book. It kept my attention the whole time, although the last 10% of the book is where it's at. It had a couple of twists and turns and betrayals that I didn't expect to happen, and it's made me very curious to see what's going to happen next.

This is a good fantasy novel for someone who is just starting out with the genre or for someone (like me) who is there for the vibes only. If you're a super serious heavy fantasy reader and are very particular about the content, this one is probably not going to be one that you enjoy.

Something (or some things) that kind of threw me off a little, was the way that it felt like this was written in a very young voice. It felt like it was aimed towards a Jr. High audience, except for when it all of a sudden wasn't.

Also, I was doing a combination of reading/listening to this book, and I didn't really care for how much older the narrator made the Male characters sound when Isla was talking to them (I get the WHY, it just felt really weird to me. That's not a slam on the book, but my opinion on how the narrator chose to voice the characters.) 


Did It Make Me Cry? No



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home