Thursday, February 24, 2022

Review: Made In Manhattan ~ Lauren Layne

 

                                       Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

 

Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 304
Running Time: 6h:53m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: January 18, 2022

 

Spoilers ahead, please read on with caution.

Someone said this was a My Fair Lady Retelling? Uhhh, never seen it, so I don't know how accurate that is. (I know, I know, Boo hisss)

But can someone tell me why I pictured Violet as Blair Waldorf, albeit much more likable, and not NEARLY as snooty, nor petty and mean spirited (ESPECIALLY WHEN I REFUSED TO WATCH OR READ GOSSIP GIRL--it wasn't my thing, and it's still not)

And For some reason I pictured Cain as LaSalle from NCIS New Orleans, even though the way Cain is described is decidedly NOTHING at all like LaSalle. He was such a grumpy person, and that's what made me love him so much! I especially loved the part where Violet poured coffee for him and whatever her name was, and started to make more for herself, BUT THEN CAIN went and poured half of his coffee into a mug for her, because he was paying attention. Ugh. It melted my heart.

Anyway... I always enjoy a good Lauren Layne book. She knows how to write a good RomCom with just the right amount of drama to keep me hooked (and not so much that I get frustrated and want to walk away from it) I felt a kinship to Violet (people pleaser, that's ME!) you know, except for the fact that I'm not crazy rich... but, you know, details. And it was nice to see her learn more about herself, and what she did and did not like to do. And I liked how she started to stand up for herself.

I'm also proud that she didn't just yell and embarrass Keith when he pulled that horrific proposal stunt. I would have VERY publicly told him no and not spared his feelings. Because he was a shady person. And yes, I know that he got what was coming to him eventually, but still. He irritates me.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home