Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Review: Take Me Home Tonight ~ Morgan Matson

 

                                                  Click on the photo to learn more about this book


Format I Used: Ebook & Audiobook
Pages: 405
Running Time: 12h:39m
My Rating: 2.5 stars
Publication Date: May 4, 2021

 

I'm feeling very dramatic about this book. Nothing dramatic really happened, but I'm feeling some sort of way. 

*Cue the dramatic Stevie Sobbing* I NEED MY EMOTIONAL SUPPORT PUPPYYYYY!!

There was a LOT going on in this book. A LOT. It was Adventures in Babysitting meets Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, and so many other things. Some of it worked and some of it didn't.


What I liked:
Stevie's step siblings. If you're just starting it/not very far into it and you're thinking that I'm crazy, just give it some time and you'll understand what I mean.

Brad. LOL he was the cutest, and I wanted more of him.

Cary. He was literally so sweet, and I wish there would have been more page time for him. He bought Kat's snackies for her!

I'm glad Stevie was able to have that confrontation with her dad and get things sorted out. I was all prepared to hate him (who am I kidding, I DID hate him) So I was happy when she finally talked to him and they got back on the same page.

What I didn't care for:

The multiple POV. This story had three best friends. THREE. So obviously there were three Points of View. But the main focus was on Stevie and Kat. That's where the story made sense. Teri's POV was once every several chapters, and it felt more like a fever dream than something real that was happening. It didn't make too much sense, and it could have been cut completely without taking away from the story overall. It would have been nice if Teri's story made sense with everything else that was going on. It felt a little bit disjointed to me.


I didn't much care for Kat. She was pushy and had a one track mind that makes her come across as a thoughtless individual.

I'm All Shook Up

 
And now I'm going to talk about the part that has me feeling all sorts of ways.

SO! Morgan Matson has characters from previous books make appearances. Which I LOVE! There were three surprise appearances (maybe more, but I've missed them.) in this one. In case you're wondering and don't want to have to go searching through tons of reviews here they are:

Gelsey--the little sister from Second Chance Summer--She's mentioned one time in this book
Beckett--the little brother from Since You've Been Gone--He's Stevie's boyfriend/ex-boyfriend/maybe again boyfriend
Amy--From Amy & Roger's Epic Detour--She's pretty famous now.

Amy's appearance is the most notable. She's pretty famous now, and meets and has some interactions with one of the girls, and then while they're at a party, she introduces her fiance... WHO IS NOT ROGER! And to get me even more shook up, we find out that her fiance is LUCIEN ARMSTRONG who is ROGER'S EX-GIRLFRIENDS BROTHER! (which I guess means there's 4 surprise appearances, plus any others I missed)I was literally so shook. I think it's because I loved Amy & Roger so much, and now when I think of that book, it makes me sad. And I don't know if I can ever re-read it (but part of me wants to in order to see their first interactions again) And I KNOW this is a valuable life lesson. Sometimes the things we thought were good for us end up NOT being the path we choose, and we find something better... But I'm still processing, OKAY?!)

Did It Make Me Cry? No




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home