Friday, March 4, 2022

Review: Lease On Love ~ Falon Ballard

 

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on the picture to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 352
My Rating: 3.75 stars
Publication Date: February 1, 2022 

 As always, spoilers ahead. Read through with caution.

Overall, this was a super fast and fun read. It was definitely on of those books where you need to suspend your disbelief, because things just kept working out magically for Sadie, and I was just like... She gets fired from her job because she mouthed back to her boss (AS SHE SHOULD HAVE) and then almost immediately finds a new place to rent (that she wasn't actively looking for) that's super cheap with a guy who is ridiculously wealthy so is super chill about everything. Yeah, okay, SURE let's just believe that's how life works for a minute. (It sounds like I hated that aspect about this book, but I didn't. I thought it was a charming book, but was a little jealous that things don't actually fall into place so nicely

The cover is gorgeous, and I loved the idea of her quitting a job she hates to go do something that she was passionate about (which happens to be flowers, which I LOVE) I enjoyed the friendship dynamic that was happening during the whole things (and the group chats. LOL) and I loved her nicknames for Jack, and the way that she always said "HONEY I'M HOME" every time she walked into the house.

I'm taking stars off because I didn't like Sadie's reaction to when she found out about Jack's "secret" I just didn't see what the big deal was. He didn't outright lie to her and tell her he wasn't a famous anonymous painter? She assumed that all his money was family money... I just. I don't know. I would have been a little annoyed and cranky for a few minutes, but I feel like Sadie blew things WAY out of proportion.

Because in reality, yes Jack-In-The-Box does have issues that need to be worked through... We all do. But he's actually one of the sweetest male leads that I've read in a long time. Even after Sadie exploded at him and had her meltdown and she offered to find a new place to live... he told her she better not even think about trying to do that. Why? Because he's the sweetest ever, that's why.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home