Thursday, May 19, 2022

Review: The Noh Family ~ Grace K. Shim

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 384
Running Time: 10h:4m
My Rating: 3.5 stars
Publication Date: May 3, 2022
 

Okay okay okay, this played out exactly like a K-Drama in my head. And that was obviously done on purpose and the whole point of the book, and I kind of adored that aspect of it.

I loved the whole premise of this book and how it was giving me Cinderella and The Four Knights Vibes (ish. vibes ISH) even though it was really nothing at all like that. I loved all the mentions and references that I actually understood!

One thing I didn't understand was just how naive Chloe was... or I guess, it was the fact that she was just so eager and willing to trust people she didn't know. AT ALL. Over her mother. Yes there were things that her mother did that could have been handled better, but to trust complete strangers... yikes. Also there were so so so many red flags. I would have been suspicious of what was going on from the start, especially because things were way too fabulous... I was ESPECIALLY suspicious of halmeoni. It's the matriarch/patriarch of the family that you almost always have to watch  out for.

It ended so abruptly, and I don't feel like anything was resolved. It left me feeling more lost than ever. I'm hoping that means that there's going to be a second book that gives us more resolutions.

It sounds like I disliked this book doesn't it? That's not the case, but some things just stood out more to me so that's what I decided to talk about.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home