Saturday, April 9, 2022

Review: My Summer in Seoul ~ Rachel Van Dyken

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: E-book
Pages: 480
My Rating: 4.75 stars
Publication Date: December 14, 2021


As always, spoilers ahead, so please read on with caution.

Okay, it took me far too long to actually start and finish this book. But that's because I literally only have been reading manga and LISTENING to audiobooks, and this is neither of those things. Alas...

Did I enjoy this and am going to give it an absolute favorite stamp of approval, based on how this book made me feel overall? Yes.

Were there some things that made me a little bit annoyed? Also yes.

Reading this felt like reading one of my cute fluffy shojo reverse harem mangas (you know the ones that feel like a reverse harem, but the MC is so wholly into and ends up with only ONE of the guys, so it's not ACTUALLY a RH) So that gets it bonus points

One thing that I didn't really care for was the fact that Lucas was the love interest. Mostly because he was so hostile to her, and pretended that he couldn't speak/understand English so he didn't have any conversations with her until we were already halfway through the book. (but that's also probably because I am always somehow falling for the second "love interest" which is always the wrong choice.) It just felt weird to me.

And I was so confused for a while too, because the person on the cover is clearly Lucas, but then the only one who was having anything to do with her was Rae

I liked the friendships that Grace ended up having with all of the guys. It was so sweet. Especially Jay/Kai/Sookie. There were so many times that those three specifically (and extra specifically Sookie) were there for Grace when she was having a breakdown (after they got over their distrust/initial dislike)

Although there were so many times I was facepalming because of something she did. After the first time I found out ONE of them could speak English perfectly after pretending not to be able to, I would have been suspicious of every single one of them and watched my mouth.

Sookie was probably my favorite. He was so sweet! Like, I want a friend like him.

This literally felt like I was watching a K-Drama. It was over the top at times, and there was tragedy and drama, but that's okay because it all worked out in the end.

Also, Grace cried/tears filled her eyes SO. MANY. TIMES. Like seriously. I don't know anyone who cries that much.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home