Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Review: Violet Made Of Thorns ~ Gina Chen

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook
Pages: 364
Running Time: 11h:5m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: July 26, 2022

Spoilers.

Read On With Caution.

I meeeeaaaan, it was fine? It wasn't my favorite read, but that's just because it wasn't fitting the mood I was in.

I thought the premise was pretty interesting, and the last little bit of the book had me wanting more. But I wasn't a big fan of the relationship Violet and Cyrus had. It felt more enemy than enemy to lover. With random spice thrown in. I like there to be a little more flirting and tension. I didn't really enjoy their relationship. That's just my opinion though, and probably mostly because I'm in a weird reading mood lately.

Oooh, also just remembered that this was recommended for fans of Cruel Prince and Serpent and Dove. I adored Serpent and Dove, and have not been able to make it through Cruel Prince. Maybe that explains why I feel so meh about this one.


That whole Dante twist actually threw me off (although it shouldn't have.) I was thinking things were going to go in a different direction, but I was wrong lol. 

Even though my feelings about this book were lukewarm, I will probably still pick up the next book to see how things work out for everyone.

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home