Saturday, July 30, 2022

Review: Meet Cute ~ Helena Hunting

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used:Physical Book
Pages: 384
Running Time: 9h:18m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: April 9, 2019

 

 

Possible Spoilers Ahead

so read on with caution
 

I loved the cover of this book, it was bright and cheery

And I loved the beginning premise of the whole Small Town Person Meets Big Time Celebrity And Then They Fall In Love. One of my favorite Tropes, for some reason.

I also like that, despite the fact that Kailyn is a Super Fan Girl, it doesn't stop her from being annoyed at Daxton at times, and they end up having a sort of...rivalry at Law School, which is also something else I like to read. That was probably one of my favorite things about the story. Because even when it was "5 Years Later" and Kailyn is holding a grudge against him, she's still one of his biggest fans (she has a mug with his face on it)

I liked the relationship between Dax and Emme, I thought it was really a believable sibling relationship, and I think Dax does a great job, especially since he was just thrown into the role of parent, when he's still trying to figure out his own life.

The one thing I have to say (which I'm sure has already been said) is that when I read the title Meet Cute, I expected to be reading a super light, fluffy, ridiculously adorable romance book. And yes, it did have some of those elements. But it also dealt with some pretty heavy stuff. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just not exactly what I was expecting, and I felt like it was a misleading title.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home