Monday, January 9, 2023

Review: Forging Silver Into Stars ~ Brigid Kemmerer

 

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.

Format I Used: Audiobook

Pages: 560

Running Time: 17h:28m

My Rating: 4 stars

Publication Date: June 7, 2022

 

Another promising start to a new series by Brigid Kemmerer. This one is a companion series to A Curse So Dark And Lonely, and we get to see some of our favorite characters again.

I didn't KNOW it was a companion series at first. I just saw it on Goodreads and went "Oooh, another Brigid Kemmerer book? Yes please!" I just dove straight in without looking at the summary. But as I started reading, things were starting to stir a sense of... deja vu. That's when I actually went to Goodreads and found out that it is, in fact, a companion novel.

I thought that it was interesting to be able to see characters we know and love from a different perspective. It was interesting to me, because the way Grey and Rhen were portrayed before, I didn't really like Rhen. I was pretty much always Team Grey. But in this book, we see a different side of things and Grey is the one in a bad place and having to make hard decisions that don't paint him in the best light. I like Rhen much more in this book than I have in the past.

I didn't much care for dear Cally-Cal. Both she and Jax were in not so great places, and although they both made poor choices, she was too stubborn about admitting she was quite obviously wrong about a lot of things, and by the time she started figuring it out, she was in way too deep. It will be interesting to see how her character develops in the next book.

I also REALLY didn't like Alek. He's dangerous, and a gaslighter, and I don't remember much about him from the ACSDAL series, but I don't like him at all. Unless he changes MAJORLY, he's going to remain one of my least favorite characters.

My brain is trying to remember what else happened, but it's kind of on overload, so I'll probably add more to it.

Also, make sure to check out the Trigger Warnings other people have posted. The one that got me was animal death. But there are also a few others in there that could be of concern.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home