Thursday, January 27, 2022

ARC Review: Once Upon A K-Prom ~ Kat Cho

                                      Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

 

 Format I Used: Digital ARC
Pages: 338
My Rating: 5 gazillion stars
Publication Date: May 17, 2022

 

When I tell you I screamed when I got notified that I was approved to read an ARC of this book, I am not joking.

It is/was one of my MOST anticipated books of 2022. And let me tell you something: It did NOT disappoint. Would I have liked it a smidge better if the characters had been a little bit older? Yes. Did it check all the awww boxes? Also yes. This book brought joy to my stressed out heart.

Everyone knows that I enjoy reading a love story where it's Famous Person x Non-Famous Person. Don't know why, but it brings me great joy, so this one being that EXACT SAME TROPE but PLUS the fact that it had K-Pop Idols, and childhood friends to more? YESSSS please give me more.

I felt a little stressed out about the fact that the only reason Robbie came to see Elena in the first place was so that they could be a guinea pig for someone else? I didn't much care for that. But I liked how genuine Robbie was once Elena started calling him out on his fakeness.

I loved getting to see some of the fun side of the K-Pop. Some of the interactions that the characters had with each other. It was giving me RUN BTS vibes. Or In The Soop... Or literally any video where they're doing fun things together.

I loved the strong friendships that this book had, especially the girls supporting girls. Sooyeon was amazing, and I liked that she wasn't catty and petty and just plain mean like a lot of the girls usually are in stories like this. I loved Josie and how she was always there to support Elena.

10 out of 10 would recommend if you're looking for a fast, fun, K-Pop-y kind of read, with an absolutely G O R G E O U S cover.

I will be S P R I N T I N G to the store to get this book when it drops on May 17th, 2022 to add it to my physical collection (and considering I pretty much only do digital e-books and audiobooks anymore, that's saying something)

Thank you to Disney Publishing Worldwide and Netgalley for allowing me to read an ARC! 

Did It Make Me Cry? Not outright, no. But I did get teary once or twice.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home