Monday, February 28, 2022

Review: A Court Of Silver Flames ~ Sarah J. Maas

                                                               Click on the image to learn more about this book

 

Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook/Physical Book
Pages: 757
Running Time: 26h:5m
My Rating: 4.5 stars
Publication Date: February 16, 2021

 

So many mixed emotions about this book, so let's turn the sound up! You know why, I think it's time for a READING ROUND UP! (READING ROUND UP!)

Sorry, I've been obsessed with Encanto, and that's just been bopping around in my head.

I had lots of mixed emotions about this book. Some good and some bad, but overall I gave it a 4.5 star rating.

S P O I L E R S ahead

This is your only warning

Stop NOW

So, pre review rant

I hate (hated?) Nesta. I always have. I think that she's so self absorbed and makes everything about her even though, HELLO! The world does. Not. Revolve. Around. You. Nesta Archeron. I haven't disliked a character so much since Rosalie Hale. And at least Rosalie had a reason to act the way she did (I'm not saying it was okay, but at least she wasn't JUST a spoiled baby) Yes, Nesta's also been through some shhh, but I feel like most of her problem was that she was just TOO self absorbed and couldn't think about how other people felt.

And don't get me started on the new covers..............

Anyways. Moving on.

I spent a lot of time grumbling about how I was not a fan of the idea of Nesta being the narrator for this arc of the story (I was wanting a little bit of Azriel x Elain action... Don't @ me, okay? I know it's not cannon, but it's my DREAM)

But I should have known that Queen Maas wouldn't let me down. Yes, I spent a lot of time annoyed with Nesta, but holy moly when the action started to pick up, it was mesmerizing and I couldn't put it down. It was amazing. Everything all came together just like it should.

One thing that I'm always so excited for when I read a Sarah J. Maas book is how tight the friend group... no, the found family relationship is. They all love and support each other and there isn't anything that they wouldn't do to keep the others safe. Although Rhys was kind of a jerk in this one, and I don't appreciate that. But, I mean, is that kind of fair since Nesta was also so mean. I also love just how fierce the female characters are.

She does a great job redeeming herself in my eyes, and I love all of the things she finally realizes, and I am glad she was able to come to terms with her grief and acknowledge it instead of trying to bury it. I'm glad she was able to find an inner circle of her own.

HOWEVER! The jury is still out on her, we'll see how her behavior is in the next book.

Some questions I am still wondering:

Who is Balthazar and is he going to be a key character in upcoming books? Did I miss that in my haste to read?

WHERE IS TARQUUUIIIN?!?!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home