Monday, January 30, 2023

Review: Akarnae ~ Lynette Noni


 

 Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.



Format I Used:E-book

Pages: 373

Running Time: 13h:3m

My Rating: 4 stars

Publication Date: February 1, 2015




Spoilers so read on with caution.

 

This book came out back in 2015, but I'm just now reading it because I'm desperately wanting to feel the same love and emotions that I felt when I read The Prison Healer trilogy.

Did I? 

 

No. 

 

Not yet at least. It was a very sloooooow moving book (but so was The Prison Healer) So with at least 4 more books in the series, I'm hoping it will start to pick up. There was a lot of world building and set up going on. It has a lot of potential, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

I liked Alex's friendship with Bear and Jordan (who keep showing up in my head as Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin for some weird reason), and even DC, however there were a lot of timing things that were off a little and had me all sorts of confused. I like how Alex proved herself in her... combat? class and got the respect she so rightly deserved from those classmates.

 Also, looking at reviews after I finished reading it, I saw where a lot of people are comparing it to Harry Potter and other similar books, and I can 100% see where that's coming from. I definitely made those observations while I was reading it.

As far as DC being a princess, I did not see that coming at all, that was a surprise. But I did figure that Darrius was going to be Headmaster Marselle. That jumped out and screamed at me from the moment he showed up.

I'm excited and nervous to see what's going to happen next, so wish me luck.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home