Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Review: Idol Gossip ~ Alexandra Leigh Young

                                               My picture. Click on it to read more about this book

 

Format I Used: Ebook
Pages: 352
Running Time: 9h:15m
My Rating: 2.5 stars
Publication Date: September 14, 2021

 

This was a quick read for me. And my feelings on it are all over the place. I WANT to like it more than I did.

I did NOT like Alice. She was so self absorbed and selfish, and just not a character that I liked much at all. She thought the world revolved around her, and couldn't see that she was hurting people.

I don't really understand how she was able to debut as fast as she did? Like, I am aware that I am decidedly NOT an idol of any sorts. But it seems to me that someone who barely speaks the language, knows very little of the culture has no business debuting. (But Kaitlynne, this is a work of FICTION. Yeah I know that. And it could also all be pretty accurate, I'll never know) but it just doesn't feel right. But that's just me being nitpicky.

I also felt like there were a lot of things left open-ended. Is it because there's going to be another book? That's possible, I haven't actually looked to see... But if it's a standalone, there were a lot of things that still need answers.

This book wasn't my favorite, but you may love it. Grab it and give it a read and decide what you think!

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home