Wednesday, March 16, 2022

ARC Review: One For All ~ Lillie Lainoff

 

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads

 

Format I Used: Digital Audio ARC
Pages: 400
 Running Time: 12h:23m
My Rating: 3 stars 
Publication Date: March 8, 2022

 

So I thought this genderbent 3 musketeers retelling was fun. I was hoping there would be more... action? There was a lot of build up and suspense, but to me it felt like the action kind of just teetered out. I enjoyed the friendship that the girls all had and I was so glad when there was no petty backstabbing going on. I love it when women support women. There was a hint of romance, but that definitely wasn't the main focus of the story, which actually worked out okay in my opinion.

The main character had POTS--and I don't know enough about it to talk about how well or not well it was portrayed--but I liked that Tania didn't let it ruin her life. She fought hard to become stronger and work through her struggles, and wasn't obsessed with trying to come up with a cure for herself (as someone with an autoimmune disease, I hate when I read books and that's all that the character seems to be wanting to do.. "cure" themselves. Let's have more books about people with chronic illnesses THRIVING. Because we can and do.)

And I loved how much Tania's sisters were there to support her and catch her when she was quite literally about to fall.

Thank you to Netgalley and Recorded Books Media for letting me listen to an Audio ARC!
.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home